The fellowship has been introduced under the Institution of Eminence (IoE), the initiative of the union government. It will be for one year but can be extended for another year based on performance and the availability of funds under IoE. The fellows will receive a monthly salary of Rs. 60,000/- and Rs. 10,000/- as house rent allowance (HRA), In addition to this, a contingency amount of Rs. 50,000/- per annum will be provided, along with these benefits other services are also provided which includes health services, library and access to other university resources. The new scheme intends to stimulate multidisciplinary collaborations across departments and push ongoing research projects forward by providing additional research funding. In this article, we are going to discuss in detail about Raja Jwala Prasad Post Doctoral Fellowship 2023 including Objectives, Key Highlights, Eligibility Criteria, Benefits, Documents Required, Reward Details, Selection Process, and Application Process under this fellowship program.
Raja Jwala Prasad Post Doctoral Fellowship 2023
Banaras Hindu University (BHU) has taken a step toward research on its campus by introducing the Raja Jwala Prasad Post Doctoral Fellowship. This program enables faculty members who have secured substantial external funding for research projects to engage young researchers as post-doctoral fellows. The Fellowship program holds the potential to significantly enhance research endeavors within the university by attracting a substantial number of young and talented postdoctoral researchers. Furthermore, it contributes to preparing these budding scholars for a successful future in academia and research. BHU seizes this opportunity to acknowledge the invaluable contributions of the distinguished engineer Raja Jwala Prasad, who played a pivotal role in the development of BHU’s iconic campus and also served as its Pro Vice-Chancellor. He designed the layout of the university and was instrumental in laying the foundation of today’s Banaras Hindu University, whose glory stands tall even after over 100 years of its coming into existence.
Key Highlights of Raja Jwala Prasad Post Doctoral Fellowship
|Name of the Fellowship||Raja Jwala Prasad Post Doctoral Fellowship 2023|
|Launched By||Banaras Hindu University|
|Objective||To promote interdisciplinary collaboration across departments and research areas|
|Eligibility Criteria||Age should be under 35 years old|
|Benefits||Rs. 60,000/- per month|
|Contingency Amount||Rs. 50,000/- per annum|
Objectives of Raja Jwala Prasad Post Doctoral Fellowship 2023
- It aims to encourage and empower faculty members who secure external funding for research activities.
- The BHU recognizes the contributions of faculty members in bringing external funding for research activities. This plan aims to provide such academic members with further support.
- The scheme also aims to promote interdisciplinary collaboration across departments and research areas.
- It will help accelerate the progress of ongoing research projects through additional research support.
Here are a few conditions to be eligible for the fellowship program:
- Must be a resident of India
- Candidates should ideally be under 35 years old
- Candidates must show that they can publish in prestigious journals and can perform independent research
- Candidates must either have two years of postdoctoral experience from one of the top 500 universities or should have a P.hD degree from one of the top 500 universities across the world (according to THE or QS rankings) and an excellent overall academic record
Benefits of Raja Jwala Prasad Post Doctoral Fellowship
Some of the benefits under the fellowship program are as follows:
- PG graduate students are eligible to apply for this fellowship program so that they can take into account the research opportunities.
- Students are eligible to get financial assistance that will be directly transferred to their bank accounts.
- Fellows will not only receive financial support but will also benefit from a range of services and resources provided by Banaras Hindu University (BHU), which includes access to health services, utilization of the university library, and other valuable university resources that will aid them in their research pursuits.
- The fellowship will significantly scale up research activity at the university by attracting young and talented postdoctoral researchers in large numbers. It will also contribute by preparing these young scholars for a successful academic and research career ahead.
- Students who are unable to find any jobs will be eligible to apply for this program.
- Suggested research strategy.
- A one-page curriculum vitae with a list of all articles is available on the IoE, BHU website.
- PDF files containing a concise description of the candidate’s contribution and at least two important papers.
- An authorization letter from a BHU faculty member who is prepared to act as host is attached.
Here is the Reward details provided:
- The fellows will receive a monthly salary of Rs. 60,000/-.
- And Rs. 10,000/- as house rent allowance (HRA)
- In addition to this, the contingency amount of Rs. 50,000/- per annum will be provided.
- Along with these benefits, other services are also provided which include health services, a library, and access to other university resources.
Selection will be done based on following points:
- The faculty member will be selecting the beneficiaries based on financial issues and academic performance.
- The fellowship was launched as part of the union government’s Institution of Eminence (IoE) strategy, Based on the results and the availability of money under loE, it will be for one year but may be extended for another year based on academic performance.
Application Process of Raja Jwala Prasad Post Doctoral Fellowship 2023
- Visit the Official Website of BHU (Banaras Hindu University)
- The homepage will appear on your screen, Scroll down and click on the Raja Jwala Prasad Post Doctoral Fellowship 2023.
- The Application Form will be open on your screen, now Fill up the following details:
- Candidates name
- Academic marks
- Passing year of Ph.D.
- Passing year of post-doctoral
- Phone number
- University name, etc.
- After filling in all these details you have to upload your documents.
- Now click on the Submit button to complete the registration process.
- 0542 236 8558