Here is another fellowship program that is initiated by the Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research for candidates who have completed their Ph.D. and have 5 years of work experience in major international laboratories, field facilities, and institutes. There are so many other fellowship programs launched by various departments to provide fellowships to eligible candidates and they also get monthly pay from the authorities. In this, selected eligible fellows will get USD 15,000 till the end of the program. In this article, we will cover all the important details about SCAR Antarctic Fellowship 2023 that will including its benefits, eligibility criteria, features, and much more so kindly read this article and get it all.
SCAR Antarctic Fellowship 2023
The Scientific Committee and Antarctic Research have recently released a fellowship program for candidates who have completed their Ph.D. and have work experience in major international laboratories, field facilities, and institutes for 5 years. This fellowship program is available for scholars of the United Kingdom, so those who want to get enrolled in this fellowship program are advised to apply before the last date. By providing a platform for young researchers to get enrolled in scientific investigations in a unique environment, it will also provide opportunities to get empowered and make significant contributions to the polar research and conversation fields.This program aims to foster scientific excellence, promote collaborations and also make a contribution to the understanding of the Antarctic ecosystem and its significance.
Overview Details of SCAR Antarctic Fellowship 2023
|Name of the Fellowship||SCAR Antarctic Fellowship 2023|
|Known As||SCAR Antarctic Fellowship Scheme|
|Launched By||Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research|
|Delegated Ministry||Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology|
|Allocated Portal||SCAR Portal|
|Applicable To||Citizens of UK|
|Eligible Degree||Ph.D. Degree|
|Delegated Country||United Kingdom|
|Mode Of Transfer||DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)|
|Payment Mechanism||PFMS (e-Payment)|
|Form of Benefit||Fellowship Amount|
|Fellowship Transferral||Monthly Basis|
|Fellowship Amount||$ 15,000/-|
|Areas of Research||Geoscience|
|No. of Areas of Research||6|
|Hosting Site||National Information Center (NIC)|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Telephone Number||+44 1223 336550|
Objective of SCAR Antarctic Fellowship
The main objective of this fellowship program is to promote scientific research and collaboration in Antarctica by enabling various career-opportunities for scientists to conduct cutting-edge research in the region. This program aims to encourage and support innovative research projects that contribute to understanding Antarctica’s environment, climate change, and biodiversity that make an impact on the global system.
Benefits of SCAR Antarctic Fellowship
- This fellowship program provides unique opportunities for selected fellows to conduct scientific investigations in the Antarctic region, which allows fellows to make a contribution to the advancement of knowledge in fields that include climate change, biodiversity, and much more.
- All fellow scholars will gain access to state-of-the-art research facilities, which will include research stations and field stations in Antarctica. candidates can also get a chance to collect data, conduct experiments, and collaborate with other researchers.
- This program work on collaborating among fellows and the broader scientific community, and also provide a platform for candidates to connect with experts in their fields, candidates can also exchange their ideas, and foster long-term professional relationships.
- SCAR is an internationally recognized organization and being a fellow in this program offers exposure on a global scale, and fellows have an opportunity to present their research findings at international conferences, symposiums, and workshops which will enhance their credibility in this field.
- This program aims to promote the preservation and sustainable management for fellows to have the opportunity to contribute to policy decisions, it will help shape informed decision-making and support their long-term conservation in the field.
Areas of Research
- Those candidates who are career researchers are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
- The candidate should be a permanent resident of the United Kingdom is necessary.
- Those applicants who are carrying out research in the Antarctic Research field are eligible.
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D. and 5 years of experience in any research field are eligible for this fellowship program.
Required Documents List
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Research Proposal
- Letter of Motivation
- Academic Transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation
- Proof of Language Proficiency
- Valid Passport
- Health and Medical Clearance
- Ethical Clearance (if applicable)
- Additional Supporting Documents
Application Procedure Under SCAR Antarctic Fellowship 2023
As per the reports the authorities haven’t announced any official registration procedure, so candidates are advised to wait and we will provide you with further details about the fellowship program. To get more detailed information kindly visit the Official Website. Applicants are advised to keep ready the documents which is necessary for the registration form.