The NSP Scholarship applicants who are awaiting financial aid must now go through a biometric authentication process, according to the Government of India. The NSP Scholarship Biometric Authentication method was initiated as a result of the widespread fraud used to get the scholarship funds. Students should double-check their application forms which must include the Aadhar card number that is also included in their bank account. In this article, you get all the information regarding this scholarship including its benefits, objectives, required documents, and application procedure.
Scholarships are essential for higher education because they enable deserving students to afford and access a high standard of education. Many students now feel more confident due to the National Scholarship Portal, a helpful tool for those looking for financial aid. The scholarship has made significant progress in expediting the payout procedure with the inclusion of biometric authentication. A person will go through a procedure called biometric authentication in which their biological traits such as their iris, face, voice, fingerprint, etc will be compared. The Government of India is implementing biometric authentication to verify the identity of applicants.
The objective of the NSP Scholarship Biometric Authentication system and the procedures needed to ensure a quick and secure scholarship application process. Students must attend the institute designated by the NSP authorities to validate their scholarship application. The Indian government has made this choice to stop any current fraud activities. When students give inaccurate information they may need to verify it to qualify for financial aid.
Overview of NSP Scholarship Biometric Authentication 2023-24
Objective of NSP Scholarship Biometric Authentication
The main objective of the NSP Scholarship Biometric Authentication is to increase the accuracy and credibility of the scholarship distribution process for various projects run by the Ministry of Minority Affairs. Many people used the scholarship money as a ruse to commit fraud, which started the scholarship application process.
Benefits of NSP Scholarship Biometric Authentication
The list of the benefits of this scholarship is given below:
- There are several benefits to biometric authentication for both the government and students.
- It’s a simple and safe way for students to fulfill authentication requirements making the procedure easier than before.
- Additionally, this technology serves as a fraud guardian ensuring that only qualified candidates receive scholarships.
- The administrative challenges associated with processing scholarship applications are made simpler on the part of the government by biometric authentication.
- This effectiveness reduces the burden on the government by ensuring that scholarships are distributed and used as intended.
Eligibility Criteria of NSP Scholarship Biometric Authentication
The list of the eligibility criteria for this scholarship is given below:
- Students must achieve a final exam grade of at least 50% to be eligible for pre-matric scholarships.
- The parent’s annual income is no more than one lakh.
- To qualify for the post-matric scholarship students must receive more than 50% on their final examinations.
- The parent’s annual income cannot be more than 2 lakh.
The list of the required documents for this scholarship is given below:
- Application ID
- Aadhar Card
How to update NSP Scholarship Biometric Authentication 2023-24
- The Common Service Centre (CSC) VLE is in charge of organizing the institute’s camps to perform the biometric authentication of the pre-validated candidates. This will happen by the SMS message issued to the students.
- To complete their biometric Authentication students must visit the proper Institute with all of the necessary documents.
- Through the biometric authentication process, the officers will confirm all the data that the applicants have provided.
- The details of the Applicants will be returned to the NSP-BA utility and will be given to the Applicants for confirmation before the CSC VLE takes a live picture of the Applicants if the information provided by the Applicants corresponds with an entry in the NSP database.
- Following successful validation, CSC VLE will carry out biometric authentication for Applicants.
- The NSP portal will be updated with the success or failure of biometric authentication as well as other transaction details upon successful biometric authentication and data will be kept in the CSC database.
helpdesk[at]nsp[dot]gov[dot]in or 0120 – 6619540