DSKPDF (D. S. Kothari Post Doctoral Fellowship) scheme is open for whole-time research work, predominantly to young researchers preferably below 35 years of age who are awarded their Ph.D. Degree in Science Domain. The Reservation Policy of the Government of India about SC/ST/OBC/PH is followed. Appropriate age relaxations for reserved category/women candidates are given as per UGC guidelines. The candidates must identify a Mentor for their Post Doctoral Research work and obtain his/her consent for guidance. DSKDPF is justifiable only at the Science Departments of Indian Universities and UGC-funded inter-university centers (such as IUCAA, IUAC, UGC-DAE-CSR, etc.) which are eligible to receive Development grants from the UGC. In this article, we will discuss in detail the Kothari Fellowship 2023 such as Benefits, Rewards, Eligibility Criteria, Documents Required, Selection Process, Contact Details, and the Application Procedure for Kothari Fellowship.
Kothari Fellowship 2023
This Fellowship Scheme “Kothari Fellowship2023” is specially made for young and eligible researchers as there are so many students who are unable to continue their research for some reason and financial issues are one of the reasons for the breakdown in their studies. This Fellowship Program benefits them to continue their research and academic careers. Post-doctoral research is an essential enabling step in grooming young researchers for launching an academic/research career. This is a transition phase from a largely supervisor-directed student at the doctoral level to an independent researcher for a leadership position, particularly in academia. The DSKPDF was also expected to provide an opportunity for many fresh Ph.D.’s to overcome the deficiencies in training at the doctoral level research and to explore new areas of research in better settings in the Indian University Sector.
Details of Kothari Fellowship 2023
|Name of The Fellowship||Kothari Fellowship 2023|
|Known As||Dr. D. S. Kothari Post Doctoral Fellowship|
|Launched By||UGC (University Grants Commission)|
|Delegated Ministry||Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology|
|Allocated Portal||UGC Portal|
|Objective||To encourage students to pursue their Ph.D. course without any financial issues|
|Benefit||To provide a fellowship amount|
|Applicable to||Indian Citizens|
|Beneficiary Categories||Students Pursuing Ph.D. degrees, Assistant Professors, and Teachers|
|Student Category||Pursuing Ph.D. Degree|
|Mode of Transfer||DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)|
|Payment Mechanism||e-payment mechanism|
|Form of benefit||Fellowship amount|
|Fellowship Transferral||Yearly basis|
|Amount of Benefit||1st Year = Rs. 43,800/- pm 2nd Year = Rs. 45,000/- pm 3rd Year= Rs. 46,500/- pm|
|Contingency Amount||Rs. 1,00,000/- p.a.|
|Fellowship Duration||3 Years|
|Allotment of HRA||Student with no hostel Accommodation|
|Covered Allowances||Fellowship, Contingency, and HRA|
|Hosting Site||National Informatics Center|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Objectives of Kothari Fellowship
- This fellowship aims to encourage the research culture in India.
- Almost 500 students will get a fellowship amount of up to Rs. 46,500/- per month to continue their research work academically.
- The selection of the candidates will be done throughout the year and benefits will be provided for up to 3 years.
- The Kothari Fellowship program can be applied only for 3 years and candidates can choose their interested field at any time in 3 years. So the Fellowship’s period remains open throughout the year.
- The selected candidate has to join the department and the mentor within 6 months from the date of issuance of the letter of the fellowship.
Benefits of Kothari Fellowship
The tenure of the award is three years with no provision for further extension. The financial assistance available under the Fellowship program is as follows:
|Fellowship||@ Rs. 43,800/- pm for I year @ Rs. 45,000/- pm for II year @ Rs. 46,500/- pm for III year|
|Contingency||@ Rs. 1,00,000/- p.a.|
- The eligibility criteria for the Kothari fellowship program are as follows:
- The candidate must have a doctorate in the relevant subject preferably with published research work to their credit.
- Only Ph.D.-awarded unemployed candidates will be eligible for the award of a post-doctoral Fellowship.
- The upper age limit for applicants is 35 years, and relaxation in age for SC/ST/OBC/Women candidates is applicable as per government of India Norms.
The following documents are required while applying under the Kothari Post Doctoral Fellowship program:
- DOB Certificate
- Educational Certificates
- Ph.D. Work Summary
- Concept Proposal
- Curriculum Vitae
- Ph.D. Degree Certificate
- NET/SET Certificate
- Reserved Category Certificate if the student belongs to any one reserved caste
- Student’s Identity Card
- Admission Fee Receipt
- Last Year’s Mark Sheet
- Bank Account Passbook Photocopy
- Annual Income Certificate
Here are some of the following procedures to get selected under the D. S. Kothari Post Doctoral Fellowship program:
- The selection process has to be completed within 6 weeks of the receipt of the individual application.
- There could be up to 500 such awards every year, making it to about 1000 at its peak.
- There is a designated website to apply for the fellowships. The entire process is being carried out online.
- The selection process is open all year round in `as and when’ mode and not restricted by any specified deadlines as thesis submission and award of Ph. D degree are open-ended processes. There is a rolling advertisement on the UGC website; other institutions and UGC affiliates should be encouraged to replicate it on theirs.
Application Procedure of Kothari Fellowship
To apply under this fellowship program follow these steps:
- Visit the Official Website of UGC.
- Now search for Official Notification.
- Read the Official Notification carefully, it has the Application form in it.
- Take a printout of the Application form.
- Fill out the Application Form.
- Attach all the required documents.
- Send the Application form to the address mentioned under the section of Contact Details.
- Dr. D. S. Kothari Post Doctoral Fellowship Cell,
- C/o Interdisciplinary School of Scientific Computing,
- Savitribai Phule Pune University,
- Ganeshkhind Post Office,
- Pune- 411 007, India