So many female students are looking forward to pursuing their Ph.D. degrees in basic and applied science, and these students are willing to continue their research, recently the Department of Science and Technology announced the latest fellowship program for these candidates in which the authorities will provide their fellowship program. In this article, we are going to provide you with all the important details about WISE Fellowship for Ph.D. 2023 that will include its benefits, eligibility criteria, features, and much more, so those students who are willing to get this opportunity are advised to read this article till the end.
WISE Fellowship for PhD (WISE-PhD) 2023
The WISE Fellowship for Ph.D. (WISE-PhD) 2023 is a prestigious and transformative initiative aimed at empowering women scientists and technologists to pursue their dreams of obtaining a Ph.D. in the field of Basic and Applied Sciences. With a specific focus on bridging the gender gap and enhancing diversity in academia and scientific research, this program is designed to provide exceptional women between the ages of 27 to 45 years with a unique opportunity to advance their careers and contribute significantly to the advancement of science and technology. The WISE Fellowship program prestigious and competitive program that aims to support outstanding doctoral students who are willing to pursue their advanced research in various disciplines. The fellowship is organized and sponsored by the World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE), a renowned initiative that seeks to transform education worldwide through innovation and collaboration.
Key Highlights of WISE Fellowship for PhD 2023
|Name of the Program||WISE Fellowship for PhD 2023|
|Launched by||Department of Science and Technology|
|Beneficiaries||Women students pursuing Ph.D. in basic and applied science|
|Age group||27 to 45 years|
Objective of WISE Fellowship for Ph.D. (WISE-PhD)
The main objective of this fellowship program is to eliminate barriers and empower talented women scientists and technologists to achieve their fullest potential by providing financial support and professional guidance for their Ph.D. By encouraging women to pursue higher studies and research in the realm of Basic and Applied Sciences, the fellowship aims to bolster innovation, scientific discovery, and technological advancements, while simultaneously promoting gender equality in the academic and research community.
Benefits of WISE Fellowship for Ph.D. (WISE-PhD)
- This program is designed to empower and support women in the field of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, and by encouraging them to pursue their higher education in Ph.D. the fellowship aims to bridge the gender gap in these traditionally male-dominated disciplines.
- Under this, the authorities will provide financial support to the successful applicants, and it will also cover various academic expenses, including tuition fees, research costs, and living stipends, relieving the financial burden often associated with pursuing a Ph.D.
- Under this, all the fellows will have a chance to access some of the world’s leading academic institutions and research facilities, and through this, it will enable them to work with renowned professors, researchers, and experts in their chosen field, enhancing the quality and impact of their Ph.D. studies.
- With the implementation of this initiative, each fellow will get mentorship and guidance throughout their journey, and all the mentors will support them and also help them navigate academic challenges, identify research opportunities, and make informed career choices.
- Those students who are pursuing their Ph.D. in the field of 5 subject areas namely, i) Physical and Mathematical Sciences; ii) Chemical Sciences; iii) Life Sciences; iv) Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, and; v) Engineering and Technology.
- Those candidates who are pursuing their Ph.D. and didn’t get any fellowship can apply for this opportunity.
- Students who have M.Sc./ M. Tech or any other equivalent degree B. Tech., M.Phil., M. Pharm. etc. in basic and applied sciences from a recognized University, are eligible.
- The age limit of the candidate should be 27 to 45 is necessary.
- Those candidates who have regular employment are not eligible for this fellowship.
Required Documents List
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Research Proposal
- Letters of Recommendation
- Educational Transcripts
- Proof of Age
- Proof of Citizenship
- Identification Proof
- English Language Proficiency
- Employment Verification
- Publications/Research Papers
- Other Supporting Documents
Registration Procedure Under WISE Fellowship for Ph.D. (WISE-PhD) 2023
- All interested candidates are advised to go to the Official Website of the program.
- After this process, you are required to tap on the Register Now option and continue.
- After tapping on it, complete the registration process and you will receive the user id and password on your registered email id.
- Now you have to make a login process and there you have to enter your login details.
- Now you have to enter all the necessary details on it and attach the documents that are asked.
- Candidates are advised to read all the instructions and other details about the fellowship.
- Last, verify the details and then make a final submission process.