The National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation has announced the NHFDC Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2023 on behalf of the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India. Different types of scholarships are offered to students with disabilities by the Indian government which also encourages them to finish their education. In this article, you get all the necessary information regarding this scholarship such as eligibility criteria, benefits, required documents, benefits, objectives, and applying procedure.
A scholarship for people with disabilities has been launched by the National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation. To recognize and promote high-quality education among students with disabilities and enable them to take post-graduation courses, the Indian government launched this scholarship. Students must make sure they receive at least 40% of the marks for disabilities and are experiencing financial hardships that prevent them from being able to pay their tuition.
Students with a 40% disability score can apply online for the Scholarship for Physically Handicapped Students to get financial aid and support for continuing their education or pursuing higher-level courses of study. The debts that students take out to launch their businesses and pursue studies overseas will also be covered by this scholarship. By completing the application form located on the official website of the organization that established this scholarship, you may apply for the scholarship.
Overview of NHFDC Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2023
Objective of NHFDC Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
The main goal of the Scholarship for Physically Handicapped Students is to enable every PWD or disabled person to begin or continue their education or studies while facing challenges related to their handicap. Many students are sacrificing their dreams of achieving higher education due to disabilities.
Benefits of NHFDC Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2023
Some of the benefit of this scholarship is given below:
- Students from communities with disabilities will be given scholarships for physically handicapped students.
- Each year, institutions where students are registered in studies or courses are to hand out up to 500 awards.
- The amount of the scholarship will vary depending on the course and it also depends on the institution’s capacity to provide a dormitory.
- The NHFDC’s training institutions give students vocational and skill training.
- The course price will also be repaid to the students, up to a maximum of Rs. 10,000 each year.
Eligibility Criteria of NHFDC Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2023
Some of the eligibility criteria for this scholarship are given below:
- There are no minimum grade requirements candidates must have received 45% or more overall throughout their studies to qualify.
- The beneficiary’s family’s combined monthly income should not exceed Rs. 15,000. Parental/guardian income is included in family income.
- The scholarship will be given to one student for taking just one course.
- Indian students who get at least 40% financial aid would be eligible.
Some of the required documents for this scholarship are given below:
- Certificate and Marksheets (Matric and above)
- Income Certificate
- Disability Certificate
- Course Fee Receipt
- Hostel Certificate
Application Procedure of NHFDC Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2023
- You have to visit the Official Website of the scholarship.
- The homepage will appear on your screen.
- The details related to the scholarship will appear on your screen.
- Click on the Register Option.
- The registration form will appear on your screen.
- Enter all the required details in the form.
- After the successful registration, take a printout of it.
- Submit the properly completed printed copy of the scholarship application to the National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India), Red Cross Bhawan, Sector-12, Faridabad-121007 (Haryana).