The Karnataka NMMS Scholarship 2023 is an opportunity for students to secure scholarships for their higher education. It assesses their academic abilities and awards scholarships to deserving candidates. Karnataka NMMS Exam is a state level National Means Merit Scholarship examination for class 8th students who are studying in Karnataka state. Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Board is organizing the state level NMMS exam. Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Board (KSEEB) will conduct the NMMS Karnataka every year across the State. NMMS means National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship. It is a centrally sponsored scheme initiated by the Ministry of Education, Government of India, aimed at providing financial support to deserving students from economically weaker backgrounds. The primary objective of the NMMS Exam is to identify talented students from disadvantaged backgrounds and ensure they have access to quality education. The scholarship amount can be a game-changer for students aspiring to excel academically.
Karnataka NMMS Scholarship 2023
The NMMS Scheme is a central government programme which aims at providing financial support to the students of Class VIII in grant-in-aid schools or government schools coming from financially weak backgrounds so that they can complete their education up to Class XII. The selected students are paid Rs 12,000 per annum. The exams will be conducted in December or January. It offers financial support to meritorious students and encourages them to continue their studies. To embark on this journey, one crucial document you’ll need is the Karnataka NMMS Admit Card for 2023. NMMS acts as a stepping stone for talented students to access quality education. It provides financial assistance to cover various educational expenses, ensuring that deserving students can continue their studies without any hindrance. It aims to identify and nurture talented students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds. The scholarship is awarded to students studying in class VIII.
Karnataka National Means Cum Merit Scholarship
The Karnataka School Quality Assessment and Accreditation Council (KSQAAC) has started accepting registrations for the Karnataka NMMS (National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship) 2023 for students of Class 8. Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship on the official website – kseab.karnataka.gov.in. The last date to apply for the scholarship is October 4, 2023. Notably, the Karnataka NMMS scholarship is aimed at providing financial help to meritorious students hailing from poor and marginalized backgrounds. The scholarship scheme provides an aid of Rs 12,000 annually to the selected students per annum. As per the official schedule, the KSQAAC will conduct the Karnataka NMMS Exam 2023 on December 17, 2023. While applying for the scholarship, candidates will also be able to select among Kannada, English, Urdu, Marathi and Telugu languages as the medium of the examination.
Key Highlights of Karnataka NMMS Scholarship
|Name of the Scholarship||Karnataka NMMS Scholarship 2023|
|Launched By||Karnataka School Quality Assessment and Accreditation Council (KSQAAC)|
|Objective||To encourage students towards education|
|Benefits||INR 12,000/- per annum|
|Eligibility Criteria||Students of Karnataka from class VIII to class XII|
|Application Start Date||13th September 2023|
|Application End Date||4th October 2023|
|Exam Date||17th December 2023|
Objectives of Karnataka NMMS Scholarship
- It aims at providing financial support to deserving students from economically weaker backgrounds.
- The primary objective of the NMMS Exam is to identify talented students from disadvantaged backgrounds and ensure they have access to quality education.
- The scholarship amount can be a game-changer for students aspiring to excel academically.
- The Karnataka NMMS Exam 2023 is an opportunity for students to secure scholarships for their higher education.
- It assesses their academic abilities and awards scholarships to deserving candidates.
- Selected students in Karnataka will get scholarships of Rs 12000 per year on the basis of Karnataka NMMS scholarship exam.
- It also aims at providing financial support to the students of Class VIII in grant-in-aid schools or government schools coming from financially weak backgrounds so that they can complete their education till Class XII.
Important information related to the eligibility criteria is mentioned below for the reference of the applicants:
- Applicants should be a resident of Karnataka.
- The Karnataka NMMS test is offered to eligible candidates enrolled in class 7 in government, aided, and local body schools.
- Candidates seeking the scholarship must have received at least 55 per cent or equivalent marks in Class 7.
- To be eligible for the NMMS scholarships, the candidate’s family’s income must not exceed Rs 3.5 lakh.
- For continued scholarship in higher secondary education, students must pass the Class 10 board test with at least 60 per cent of the marks and Class 11 on the first try with a minimum of 55 per cent marks.
- There will be a 5% relaxation in place for candidates who fall under the SC or ST category.
- Note: NMMS test is not offered to students from Kendriya Vidyalayas, Sainik schools, or other residential institutions.
Following Documents are required for applying under the scholarship programme:
- Candidates’ previous year mark sheet
- Residential proof
- Income certificate
- Photograph of candidate
- Caste certificate
- Disability certificate
- The NMMS test is divided into two papers. Scheduled caste and scheduled tribe students must receive at least 32 per cent average marks on both tests.
- Whereas general and other backward class students must receive a minimum of 40 per cent average marks on the two tests.
- Based on the current reservation and eligibility criterion determined by rank, DESERT will choose the students from among those belonging to various castes and categories.
Karnataka NMMS Registration 2023
The Karnataka NMMS Registration 2023 window for the Karnataka National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS 2023) for Class 8 students has been opened by the Karnataka School Quality Assessment and Accreditation Council (KSQAAC).
On the official website, kseeb.karnataka.gov.in, school heads and principals will have till the deadline to complete the applications for students who meet the criteria for the Karnataka NMMS 2023 scholarship. Students can take the NMMS 2023 test in Kannada, English, Urdu, Marathi, or Telugu.
Application Process for Karnataka NMMS Exam
Students who are eligible and who want to apply for NMMS Scholarship examination can check details and submit the complete the Karnataka NMMS Registration process on its web portal. Interested 8th standard students can follow the below given steps to submit the online application:
- Go to the Official website for the Karnataka NMMS 2023, kseeb.karnataka.gov.in/NTSENMMS
- Select the ‘Login’ link on the webpage.
- Generate a password by entering the default username and password.
- Enter your registration number and password to access your account.
- Complete the necessary fields, upload your passport-size photo, and save the page.
- Take a printout of the Karnataka NMMS application form and the HOI’s certificate format.
- Finally, click the ‘Finalize application’ button.