As it is known that the Indian Council of Social Science Research was established by the Government of India to promote research in social science in the country. ICSSR provides grants for projects, fellowships, international collaborations, capacity building, surveys, publications etc. to promote research in social sciences in India. Under which all the beneficiaries are benefitted. Thus the ICSSR Doctoral Fellowship 2023 has been started. So if you are interested to get information related to fellowship. So today’s article is going to be very important for you. Under today’s article, you are going to give all the important information related to ICSSR Doctoral Fellowship 2023. So we request you to read the article till the end.
ICSSR Doctoral Fellowship 2023
This fellowship will be awarded to all those candidates. Those who are registered for Ph.D. ICSSR Doctoral Fellowship 2023 at UGC-recognised Institutes of National Importance, Universities/Deemed Universities, ICSSR Research Institutes and Colleges for Ph.D. To pursue and complete your doctoral research in any social science discipline, the essential basic programs as defined by the MoE/UGC are to be covered.
Along with this, the areas of study in the social sciences identified by the ICSSR are:-
- media Studies
- social work
- social Psychology
- legal Studies
- cultural studies
- social linguistics
- gender studies
- health studies
- political Science
- International Studies
- public administration
- Overseas Studies
- social geography
- environmental Studies
- library Science
- Social Humanities Education
- modern social history
- Socio-Sanskrit Studies
- socio-philosophical studies
- National Security and Strategic Studies
Key Highlights of ICSSR Doctoral Fellowship 2023
|Name Of The Fellowship||ICSSR Doctoral Fellowship 2023|
|Launched By||ICSSR Board|
|Objective||To advance all the students by providing them fellowship for their studies.|
|Age Limit||40 Years|
|Form of Benefit||Fellowship amount|
Categories of Scholarship
The Indian Council of Social Science Research is awarding Doctoral Fellowships under its three “Centrally Administered Doctoral Fellowship Scheme” and “Institutional Doctoral Fellowship Scheme” based on the guidelines laid down by it. “In the case of Central Administrative Schemes, the Fellows receive awards and are directly supervised by the ICSSR and the Doctoral Fellow concerned is affiliated to a university or college.
- Along with this the Doctoral Fellowship in the Institutional Fellowship Scheme associates with and supervises an ICSSR sponsored/accredited research institution. All the eligible candidates get the benefits of any one of the following fellowships.
- Centrally Administered Contingency Grant.
- Centrally Administered Full-time Doctoral Fellowship.
- Institutional Full-time Doctoral Fellowship (Administered by ICSSR Research Institutes).
Duration and Value of ICSSR Doctoral Fellowship
- So the full time fellowship is strictly under two years or till the date of Ph.D. University presentation.
- Along with this the total value of fellowship is Rs.20000/- per month and contingency grant is Rs.200000/- per year.
- Under the Full-time Doctoral Fellowship, the Doctoral Fellow must be a full-time PhD student at the affiliated university.
- Institutional Doctoral Full-Term Fellowship
- The duration and value of this fellowship has been kept the same as that of a centrally administered full-time doctoral fellowship.
- Short Term Doctoral Fellowship
- Let all interested fellows know that the duration of short-term doctoral fellowship is six months or till the date of Ph.D.
- All the candidates should submit it to the university as soon as possible.
- The value of this fellowship is Rs 20,000 per month plus a contingency grant of Rs 10,000 for the duration of the fellowship of 6 months.
- Contingency grant
- A Contingency Grant is a consolidated grant to meet the contingencies of PhD not exceeding Rs.62,500/- during the period of joining the fellowship in the University and the date of submission of the thesis.
Joining and Release of Fellowship
- All scholars are required to submit all the prescribed documents including an undertaking for Ph.D. Also must join the fellowship within two weeks from the date of the award letter.
- Submission of thesis for ICSSR forwarding through affiliated institution.
- The first year fellowship and contingency grant will be released in equal installments to all applicants.
- Along with this, the fellowship grant for the second year will be released in three installments.
- All the interested candidates must have certain Ph.D degree.
- The age of the candidate should not be more than 40 years. Along with this, age relaxation of 5 years has also been given for SC/ST disabled persons.
- Candidate must have obtained minimum 45% marks in graduation and 55% in postgraduation or its equivalent grade in any social science discipline. Along with this, 5% relaxation in marks will also be given to the candidates belonging to SC/ST.
- It is mandatory for all of you to submit the mark sheet of graduation and post graduation. If not, then you will not be considered eligible.
- All those candidates who have availed Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship/Maulana Azad National Fellowship/ICSSR/ICMR/CSIRUGC Junior Research Fellowship or any such doctoral fellowship. He is again ineligible to take the benefit.
Procedure for Award
- All candidates will be screened and shortlisted by the Export Communities of ICSSR.
- Simultaneously, an expert committee is given an evaluation of the short-listed proposals in terms of grade and score on objectively defined parameters. Shortlisted applicants may also be invited for presentation before the Expert Committee of ICSSR. Subject wise merit list of fellowship was prepared on the basis of assessment of the expert committee.
- Let us tell you that the subject wise merit list of selected candidates of Centrally Administered Doctoral Fellowship is put on the ICSSR website within 5 months from the last date of application.
- All selected candidates and their affiliated universities are informed individually through award letters.
How to Apply for ICSSR Doctoral Fellowship 2023?
- First of all you have to visit the official website of ICSSR Doctoral.
- After which the homepage will open on your screen.
- On the homepage of the website you will see the option of login. On which you have to click.
- After this a new page will open on your screen.
- In which you will have to enter the requested information.
- After entering all the information, the required documents have to be uploaded. All you scholars are required to keep ready the hard copy of the application and enclosure duly forwarded by the competent authorities of the university.
- College / Institute. So that they can submit the required hard copy within one week after the completion of the screening process. If the hard copy of the application is not received within 10 days from the date of requisition, the candidature of the applicants will be treated as withdrawn/cancelled. You can give research proposal in Hindi and English.
- All interested candidates can apply only once. Application will not be accepted for the second time.
- In this way you can apply for ICSSR Doctoral Fellowship 2023 very easily.