Good news for the candidates who wants to start their study adventure In Germany. Humboldt Research Fellowship 2023 are fully funded scholarships for international students. These scholarships are only offered for post doctoral studies. This fellowship includes a monthly fellowship of 3,170 EUR and additional financial support for accompanying family members and items. The Humboldt Research Fellowships for Post Doctoral Researchers enables highly qualified scientists and scholars who are embarking on their academic careers and who have completed their doctorates less than four years ago to continue to spend their extended periods of research in Germany. In this article we will discuss about details of Humboldt Research Fellowship such as Key Highlights of Humboldt Research Fellowship, Objective, Benefits, Selection Process, Eligibility Criteria, Required Documents and Application Procedure for Humboldt Research Fellowship.
Humboldt Research Fellowship 2023
The Humboldt Research Fellowship in Germany 2023-2024, funded by the Alexander Von Humboldt Foundation invites international researchers to conduct research in one of the world’s most technologically advanced and culturally rich countries. This fully funded Humboldt Research Fellowship programme provides an amazing opportunity for researchers to make remarkable contributions and will gain benefits from Germany’s academic excellence. The most attractive part about this Alexander Von Humboldt Research Fellowship is that the researchers can conduct their research at various stages of their careers, this makes the programme unique and yet outstanding opportunity for brilliant and above-average researchers who have the potential to bring remarkable changes in the world with their research work. Every year the foundation supports more than 700 researchers to come to Germany for free by providing them the opportunity to get the fellowship opportunities and awards.
Key Highlights of Humboldt Research Fellowship 2023
|Name of the Scholarship||Humboldt Research Fellowship 2023|
|Number of Scholarship||500|
|Educational Qualification||Doctoral Degree|
|Name of Origination||Humboldt University|
|Application Deadline||The selection committee reviewing applications to this programme every March, July and November|
|Telephone Number||+49 228 833-0|
|Fax Number||+49 228 833-199|
|Address||Humboldt Foundation in Bonn, Jean-Paul-Str. 12, 53173 Bonn, Germany|
Objective of Humboldt Research Fellowship
On this research fellowship programme, the Alexander Von Humboldt Foundation cooperates with various private partners. Together they aim to recruit highly qualified researchers for a research stay in Germany. The application, selection and sponsorship processes in programme that involve private collaborative partners are conducted in accordance with the established procedure and guidelines of this Fellowship Programme. In many cases, the privately co-financed fellowships include additional offers such as visits to the collaborative partners, invitations to events or facilitating contacts.
Benefits of Humboldt Research Fellowship
- The Humboldt Research Fellowship enables you to conduct your own research at various stages of your career in collaboration with a host at a German research institution of your choice.
Benefit from research sponsorship in Germany at the beginning of your academic career. This Scholarship for Postdoctoral researchers enables you to conduct research in Germany. The monthly fellowship amount of EURO 2,670/- will be provided. Fellowship duration is from 6 to 24 months.
If you are already well advanced in your academic career you can still apply for research sponsorship in Germany. The Humboldt Research Fellowship for Experienced researchers enables you to conduct research in Germany. The fellowship amount of EURO 3,170/- will be provided. Fellowship duration last from 6 to 18 months and can be divided up to three stays within 3 years.
You will also receive personal support throughout your sponsorship in addition to the fellowship amount. You are flexible in determining when you would like to start your fellowship. Prior to your research fellowship, you and your marital partner will be able to attend an intensive language course. Further financial support, including family benefits for children and marital partners, subsidies for private full health insurance and allowance for travel expenses is also available.
Alumni sponsorship flexibly support every Humboldtian’s individual journey through life in both their career and their future research collaborations. A return fellowship or later visits to Germany are also possible.
- The Humboldt Research Fellowship addresses post-doctoral research with above-average qualifications from across the globe regardless of their field.
- Candidates must have completed their doctorate or equivalent academic qualification during the last four years
- Or candidates should be within six months of completing their doctorate and can already provide a written summary of their findings
- Should have been published in academic journals and by publishing houses that are reviewed according to international standards
- Candidates must have completed their doctorate or equivalent academic qualification during the last twelve years
- Candidates academic profile should be substantiated by an extensive list of publications in academic journals and by publishing houses that are reviewed according to international standards
- If a doctorate in your field or country of origin is not possible or uncommon, you can still apply up to 16 years after completing your master’s or other postgraduate degree provided that you have a publication record commensurate with your career level
- Please note that you may only submit your application once you have uploaded the following documents in the application form:
- Curriculum Vitae (two pages max)
- Research Outline (five pages max)
- Complete list of our publications (cf. sample list, PDF)
- List of selected key publications (cf. sample list, PDF)
- Key Publications
- German language certificate, if required
- Doctoral certificate or proof that your doctorate has been completed successfully, or confirmation that this will be the case within the next six months
- If required, publisher’s acceptance notifications and/or acknowledgement of receipt and summaries/translations of key publications that are not available in German or in English
- As soon as your online application has been received by the authorities, you will get the written confirmation by email. After reviewing your documents you will get the notification of the expected selection date.
Application Procedure for Humboldt Research Fellowship 2023
- Visit the Official Website of Humboldt Research Fellowship
- On homepage you will find the option Apply Online click on it
- Create an account by filling up the required information
- Then Submit the application after reviewing
- Here we have provided the address for both Headquarters and Berlin Office:
- Humboldt Foundation in Bonn
- Jean-Paul-Str. 12, 53173 Bonn, Germany
- +49 228 833-0
- +49 228 833-199
For Berlin Office
- Humboldt Foundation in Berlin
- WissenschaftsForum, Markgrafenstr. 37, 10117 Berlin, Germany
- +49 228 833-0
- +49 30 204 555-39