The Government of India provides E-District scholarships to candidates pursuing class X and above. The E-District scholarship offers financial assistance to the reserved category students aspiring to pursue their higher education. Under this, the top-class scheme offers financial aid to students applying for leading institutions like IIT, IIM, etc. To offer some kind of social security and social welfare to the students who belong to the categories or communities of economically backward or weaker sections, the Central Government established this initiative. Additionally, the government has mandated that students with excellent records receive 100% scholarship benefits. In this article, we will discuss in detail the E District Scholarship 2023 such as Highlights, Objectives, Benefits, Eligibility Criteria, Important Documents Required, and the Process to Apply Online under the Scholarship Program.
E District Scholarship 2023
E District is a comprehensive and web-enabled service portal through which citizens can access various services provided by the Government. It provides end-to-end integrated solutions to various services availed through this portal. E District also provides for online verification of various certificates issued by multiple departments. The Indian Government has created the E District scholarship to aid deserving students from Delhi and Tamil Nadu who fall under the country’s reserved categories. Students in class X and above are eligible for financial support under this scholarship program. This scholarship will assist students, particularly those from poor backgrounds to continue their higher education without any financial issues. Selected applicants under this scholarship will be rewarded with the certificate with the allowance and reimbursement of the fees.
Highlights of E District Scholarship 2023
|Name of the Scholarship||E District Scholarship 2023|
|Launched By||Government of India|
|States||Delhi & Tamil Nadu|
|Benefits||Financial assistance to manage educational expenses|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Scholarship Amount||Variable monetary benefits|
|Beneficiaries||Students studying in Class X and above|
|Objective||Encourage the students to pursue higher education|
|Payment Mechanism||e-payment mechanism|
|Hosting Site||NIC (National Informatics Center)|
Objectives of E District Scholarship
The following are the Objectives of the Scholarship program:
- This scholarship program is supporting students from reserved and economically weaker categories to pursue higher education.
- It is focused on providing educational opportunities for candidates residing in India who do not have the financial stability to pursue higher studies.
- Promoting student’s interest in STEM and other high-demand professions.
Courses Available Under Scholarship
The following courses are available under this scholarship:
- 11th, 12th, and ITC affiliated
- NCVT classes on the 11th and 12th
- Teacher Training
- Diploma in Nursing
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate
- M. Phil & Ph.D. from a state government-aided or recognized an institution
The selection procedure for this scholarship program is mentioned below:
- After the submission of the application process, the selection committee will review the application form.
- The selection of the candidate is based on their overall academic score, family income, and performance in the last examination.
- Once the list is prepared it will be published on the official website.
- The candidates can check their list in April.
- Selected candidates will be rewarded with the benefit in May or June.
Benefits of E District Scholarship
Some of the benefits provided to the candidates are as follows:
- E District Certificate as well as the stationary allowance and fee refund will be provided to the selected candidates.
- Varying financial assistance will be provided based on the courses and the academic records scored by the candidates.
The following eligibility conditions should be followed by the applicants:
- Candidate must be a permanent resident of India.
- Candidates should belong to the reserved category and possess a government-affiliated caste certificate.
- Candidates must be enrolled in a course while applying for the scholarship.
- The annual family income of the candidate’s family should not exceed INR 2 Lakh from all sources.
Here are the important documents to submit while applying online for the scholarship program:
- Aadhar card/Ration card
- DOB certificate
- Community/Caste certificate
- Fees receipt
- Marksheets of educational qualification
- Annual Income certificate
- Bank account passbook
Process to Apply Online under E District Scholarship
Follow these steps to apply online under the scholarship program:
- Visit the Official Website of E District
- Applicants should first register themselves through the Official Website. If you are already registered you can log in using your user ID.
- After successful registration, login, and the applicant(s) are required to fill in all the mandatory fields.
- After that, the OTP will be sent to your mobile number
- Enter the OTP and click on the Register option
- Through this, you can apply for a scholarship.
- E District Delhi
- Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi,
- 3rd level, Delhi Secretariat,
- I.P. Estate,
- New Delhi-110002 (India)
- 09:30 AM to 06:00 PM