Vice-Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship 2023 Prior to this year this Vice Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship was named as the University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship. This scholarship was established in 2015 to promote educational opportunities and to support masterly skilled students who are new to undergraduate or postgraduate program.
Vice-Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship
University of Waikato welcome those applicants who are new to this University and will be coming to study here regularly. University will not provide scholarship for those who wants to study online exception to those students who choose to study at Waikato China Learning Center (CLC) at Hainan University. Skilled applicants who are enrolling for the first time into Undergraduate and Postgraduate programme at the University of Waikato are intended to get the scholarship support value of up to NZD$15000/-.
Highlights Of Vice-Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship
|Name Of The Scholarship||Vice-Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship 2023|
|Launched By||University Of Waikato|
|Delegated Ministry||Ministry Of Electronics & Information Technology|
|Objective||To provide scholarship for abroad studies|
|Benefit||Student will be able to carry out abroad studies|
|Applicable To||Citizens of India|
|Beneficiary Category||Indian Students|
|Eligible Degrees||UG & PG Taught Degree|
|Mode Of Transfer||DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)|
|Payment Mechanism||e-payment mechanism|
|Form of Benefit||Scholarship Amount|
|Scholarship Transferral||One Time|
|Amount of Benefit||NZD$15000/-|
|Hosting Site||National Information Center (NIC)|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
|Office Address||The University of Waikato Te Whare Wananga o Waikato Gate-1 Knighton Road, Hamilton 3240|
|Phone Number||0800 924 528|
Objectives Of Vice-Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship
Applicants will get the benefit of 50% reduction int their student contribution (tuition fees) during the time of pursuing degree, or up to a maximum of four years of full-time study (Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree)
Another objective is to support new undergraduate international students at University of Waikato who have high achieving academic excellence in the form of scholarship value up to NZD$15000/-(one-time).
Indian students who have received admission offer or letter from the University of Waikato in New Zealand will only get the benefit of this “Vice Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship”.
- UG degree
- PG degree (Taught)
Vice-Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship Amount
It Varies according to degree
- 1 Year = $8000/-
- 2 Years = $12000/-
- 3 Years = $15000/-
- PG Degree = $15000/-
Vice-Chancellor’s International Excellence Last Date
There is no last date so the students can apply anytime. One can apply online for this scholarship anytime as the portal is always open throughout the year.
- The applicants need to achieve the following selection criteria:
- Academic Excellence
- Financial need
- Chosen Program
Important Terms & Conditions
- Recipients will receive 50% reduction in their tuition fees or up to maximum of four years of full-time study.
- Scholarship can be applied at the time of enrollment or at the end of enrollment.
- Applicants having the Pathway Offer for studying at University of Waikato will get the benefit of this scholarship after the completion of their Pathway Program.
- Applications will be ranked and recommended according to the selection criteria by the international office.
- Selection panel will comprise the Chair of the Scholarships Committee and the Director – International (or their nominees)
- The decision made by selection panel will be final and no correspondence will be entered.
- The scholarship cannot be held in conjunction with any Education New Zealand Scholarships nor in conjunction with any other University of Waikato-founded tuition fees scholarship, award, bursary or such other funding.
- The recipient agrees to participate in any reasonable publicity concerning the scholarship arranged by the University of Waikato by accepting a Scholarship.
- The Scholarship committee has the power to make any changes in these regulations, provided that there is no departure from the main purpose of the Scholarship.
It shows Academic Excellence and recognition of outstanding achievements. And the top performer are called upon to become Global Ambassadors for the University of Waikato which enhance for further study and employment
Cultural Diversity & Exchange
University of Waikato promotes cultural diversity and encourages the exchange of different ideas and perspectives from different countries which enhance the overall educational experience for all students involved.
This Scholarship offers the students to connect with multiple network of peers, alumni and professionals. The students having different career aspirations and experiences engages with each other for the development of their long-lasting connections. There are multiple University events and seminars that helps the students to build valuable professional network.
Personal & Professional Development
This Scholarship enhance the students in personal and professional growth in addition to academic excellence. Students can outbreak to mentorship programs, career counselling or skill development classes. This enhance for employability and this also develops leadership skills and community engagement.
Benefits Of Vice-Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship
- This Scholarship is tuition fee credits and have a value of up to NZD$15000/- for undergrad and postgrad students
- Indian students will able to carry out UG and PG degrees.
- Student will able to carry out abroad studies.
- There is no last date so the students can apply anytime.
- Successful applicants will be called upon to become global ambassadors for the University of Waikato.
Features Of Vice-Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship
- Vice Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship was launched by the University of Waikato.
- This scholarship is for Indian Students.
- Scholarship will be provided to the students pursuing UG and PG degrees.
- Scholarship amount is up to NZD$15000/-.
- There is no last date to apply, the portal is open throughout the year.
Vice-Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must be Indian Citizen.
- Students must be pursuing UG or PG from the University of Waikato after receiving an admission offer.
- Scholarship application form
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Personal Statement
- Proof of academic qualifications
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Recommendation Letter
- Financial Documentation
- Letter or admission offer
Process To Apply Online For Vice-Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship
- Visit the Official Website clicking the link below
- On the homepage click on “Login” which is on top right corner of the page
- If you are already a user, fill in Username and Password and click on Sign In button.
- If you are new user you need to create the account by clicking on Create an account
- Fill up the required details
The University of Waikato
Te Whare Wananga o Waikato
Phone Number:- 0800 924 528
Email Id:- firstname.lastname@example.org