A group of 100 students pursuing legal studies at NLSIU will gain privileged access to a abundance of legal books, journals, and database subscriptions housed at the Sri Narayan Rao Melgiri Memorial National Law Library. To engage in this unique opportunity, students must submit an online application for the NLSIU Infosys Digital Library Fellowships for Law Students. The introduction of the NLSIU Infosys Digital Library Fellowship for Law Students 2023 has paved the way for students to access digital library resources through online registration. This initiative is extended to law students enrolled in full-time degree programs at the National School of Law of India University (NLSIU) in Bengaluru. This article provide you the details of the NLSIU Infosys Digital Library Fellowships for Law Students 2023, such as eligibility criteria, benefits and required documents. Additionally, it provides a step-by-step guide to the online application process.
NLSIU Infosys Digital Library Fellowship for Law Students 2023
In association with Infosys Foundation, the National Law School of India University (NLSIU) is offering a one-year digital library fellowship to law students. The ‘NLSIU Infosys Digital Library Fellowships’ will be awarded to at least 100 students currently studying law in India, out of which, at least 10 scholarships would be reserved for disabled law students. The Infosys Digital Library Scholarship project at the university aims at democratizing access to library resources through modes of digital inclusion, a statement from NLSIU said. It also said that the Sri Narayan Rao Melgiri Memorial National Law Library at NLSIU had been redeveloped in the academic year 2022-23 to provide a library that is among the best academic libraries in India. Students receiving the Fellowship shall have access to the same e-resources as an NLSIU student, which include twenty e-databases for legal and social sciences materials, hosting journal and periodical articles, and e-books.
Highlights of NLSIU Infosys Digital Library Fellowship for Law Students 2023
|Name of the Fellowship||NLSIU Infosys Digital Library Fellowships for Law Students|
|Launched By||National Law School of India University, Bengaluru|
|Delegated Ministry||Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology|
|Objective||To provide access to a digital library among the students to pursue legal studies|
|Applicable to||Citizens of Karnataka|
|Beneficiary Category||Students pursuing a full time law degree|
|Beneficiary Limitation||100 Scholars|
|Fellowship Duration||1 Year|
|Hosting Site||National Informatics Center (NIC)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Objectives of NLSIU Infosys Digital Library Fellowships for Law Students
- The NLSIU Infosys Digital Library Fellowships for Law Students serves multiple purposes, which are as follows:
- It provides indispensable educational support to students pursuing legal studies at NLSIU, Bengaluru.
- It Facilitates access to the Sri Narayan Rao Melgiri Memorial National Law Library’s extensive collection for scholarly enrichment.
- Furthermore, the initiative aims to select 100 students from the BA.LLB course, with a reservation of 10 seats for individuals with disabilities, granting them access to the digital library’s wealth of knowledge.
- Important information related to the eligibility criteria is mentioned below for the reference of the applicants:
- Applicants must be Indian Citizen
- Candidates must be residing in Bengaluru City which is located in the state of Karnataka.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a full-time law programme in a recognized Indian university/ law faculty.
- Applicants with disabilities must submit a certificate of disability issued under The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.
Benefits & Features of NLSIU Infosys Digital Library Fellowships for Law Students
- Enhanced learning resources for legal courses.
- Access to the digital library for comprehensive studies.
- Availability of study materials within the library.
- One-year access to digital resources.
- Timely registration through online application.
- Practical experience in library management.
- Aadhar card
- Residence certificate
- Educational certificates
- Disability certificate (for PWD students)
- Bank account details
Application Procedure under NLSIU Infosys Digital Library Fellowships for Law Students
- Visit the official website.
- Explore the relevant information.
- Click on the application form link.
- Fill in the required details.
- Attach essential documents.
- Submit the application form.
For any queries contact through these sources: