Students in tech field at Michigan State University, University of Michigan and Michigan Technological University are offered to join the scholarship program. The state identified four key roles making up 65 percent of job openings in the auto industry: electric engineer, software developer, first-line supervisors and assembly. The scholarship amount of $10,000/- to the first 350 graduates who accept jobs in addition to $5,000/- for internships are provided through Michigan Economic Development Corporation’s Talent Action Program. The Talent Action Program is focused on supporting the electrification of Michigan’s core industry said Kerry Ebersole Singh, Chief Talent Solutions and Engagement Officer. In this article we will discuss in details about the Michigan Retaining Tech Talent Scholarship 2023 such as Highlights, Objectives, Benefits, Eligibility Criteria, Required Document List and Application Procedure Under this Scholarship Program.
Michigan Retaining Tech Talent Scholarship 2023
Michigan is going all in to make it clear that our talented people make our state the best place to start and grow business in the semiconductor industry, Michigan is a global leader and hub for advanced manufacturing and innovation and we have grown our semiconductor industry footprint aggressively. The Michigan Economic Development Corporation’s (MEDC’s) Semiconductor Talent Action Team (AT) is a collaborative, public/private partnership aimed at making Michigan a top state for semiconductor talent solutions and growth. Michigan’s Semiconductor TAT has already successfully built a consortium that includes seven higher education partners, 15 semiconductor employers and two industry associations that are collaborating with the state to focus on five semiconductor roles with demand across priority value chains areas:
- Computer Engineers
- Electrical Engineers
- Industrial/Process Engineers
- Semiconductor processing technicians
- Maintenance and repair workers
Highlights of Michigan Retaining Tech Talent Scholarship
|Name of the Scholarship||Michigan Retaining Tech Talent Scholarship 2023|
|Launched By||Michigan Tech|
|Delegated Ministry||Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology|
|Allocated Portal||MTU Portal|
|Objective||To provide the scholarship to those students who got placement offer as electric engineer or software developer from one of the 15 Michigan companies|
|Benefit||Scholarship amount will be provided to the students|
|Applicable to||Citizens of USA|
|Beneficiary Category||Students carrying out jobs in EV sector|
|Beneficiary Limitation||350 students|
|Mode of Transfer||DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)|
|Payment mechanism||e-Payment mechanism|
|Form of Benefit||Scholarship amount|
|Scholarship Tenure||1 year|
|Transferable Type||Annual Basis|
|Host Site||NIC (National Informatics Center)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Objectives of Michigan Retaining Tech Talent Scholarship
Here are some of the objectives under the Scholarship Programme:
- Then objective is to build an EV (Electric Vehicle) workforce in Michigan as the state tries to gain more investment as the global auto industry turns to electrification and shifts away from gas-powered vehicles.
- Another goal is to help Michigan business struggling to fill in-demand and high-growth jobs today along with increasing the state’s workforce longer-term.
- The TAT (Talent Action Team) will build on the Great Lakes State’s push to onshore critical supply chains of semiconductors back to Michigan, creating good-paying jobs and reducing delays and shortages.
Benefits of Michigan Retaining Tech Talent Scholarship
Benefits of this Scholarship programme are as follows:
- The state estimates 23 percent growth in software jobs alone this decade, while other higher-paying tech-related jobs also are forecast to grow.
- The new EV Scholars Program is just a start toward filling the job openings, since Michigan employers have an annual demand for 500-600 electrical engineers and software developers.
- Scholarship amount of up to $10,000/- will be awarded to the Selected candidates.
To get selected under the Scholarship programme candidates must fall under the following categories:
- Applicants must be a citizen of USA
- Candidate must be a student of State University, University of Michigan or Michigan Technological University.
- The students who got job placement offers as Electric Engineer or Software Developer.
These following documents are required for applying for the Scholarship program:
- Two letters of recommendation
- Affidavit of financial assistance
- Academic transcripts
- SAT or ACT score card
Process to Apply Online under Michigan Retaining Tech Talent Scholarship
- Visit the Official Website of Michigan Tech
- Login to continue application or create an account to start a new application
- Follow the steps as per mentioned on the page after login for How to Apply
- Fill all the required information asked in all the 3 forms.
- Upload the required documents (if applicable)
For Graduate School
- Administration Building, 4th Floor
- 1400 Townsend Drive
- Houghton, MI 49931-1295
For Undergraduate Admissions
- John Edgar McAllister Welcome Center at the Memorial Union Building Houghton, MI 49931