This government scholarship provides financial support to enable these students to continue their education. The Directorate of Minority Welfare under the Kerala Government has introduced the Ch Mohammed Koya Scholarship, aiming to assist female students from minority communities in pursuing their college-level studies, including UG, PG, and Professional Courses. This scholarship is exclusively available to minority female students (Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains, and Zoroastrians) so that they can pursue higher education in undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in general and professional courses without any financial hassle. CH Mohammad Koya Scholarship offered by the Directorate of Minority Welfare (DMW), Government of Kerala. DMW published the online applications for the CH Mohammed Koya Scholarship 2023-24. This article presents detailed information about the CH Mohammed Koya Scholarship 2023, covering its objectives, eligibility criteria, benefits, features, important documents and step-by-step application procedures for online submission.
CH Mohammed Koya Scholarship 2023
CH Mohammed Koya Scholarship offered by the Directorate of Minority Welfare (DMW), Government of Kerala. DMW published the online applications for the CH Mohammed Koya Scholarship 2023-24. This Scholarship offered to Girls belonging to the Latin, Muslim or Converted Christians Community for higher education. So that they can pursue higher education without financial hassle. These students should be studying in the first year of the UG courses in any Govt/Aided Institutions. DMW organized this scholarship to award scholarship amounts to deserving Muslim girls every year. This scheme offers scholarships as well as hostel stipends. This Scholarship is named in honor of the former Chief Minister C.H. Mohammed Koya of Kerala. Muslim Girls who were not able to apply in the first year can apply in the succeeding years. However, they will be considered only for the year in which they applied for the scholarship/ stipend.
Details of CH Mohammed Koya Scholarship
|Name of the Scholarship||CH Mohammed Koya Scholarship|
|Launched By||Directorate of Minority Welfare Government of Kerala|
|Beneficiaries||Girl student of minority communities such as Muslim, Converted Christian or Latin Catholic|
|Objective||To encourage girl students for higher studies|
|Benefits||Financial assistance will be provided to the selected candidates|
|Scholarship Amount||Up to Rs. 13,000/- per annum|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Objectives of CH Mohammed Koya Scholarship
Following are some of the objectives of the scholarship programme:
- One of the objective of launching the Scholarship is to redress the financial issues of the girl students.
- Scholarship will provide opportunities to the students to pursue higher education without having any financial issues.
- Another objective of the scholarship is to provide variable scholarship amounts to the girl students in the form of financial help and support.
- The scholarship aims to motivate girls belonging to the minority community to pursue higher studies.
Selection Process of CH Mohammed Koya Scholarship
These following procedures are to be done for the selection:
- While submitting the application form attach all the relevant documents.
- And the documents need to be submit to the head of the institution.
- The institution will verify the documents of the candidate.
- After the successful verification, the head of an institution will approve the application through the scholarship portal.
- After the approval, the institute will return the documents of the candidate.
- The documents will be inspected by the scholarship inspection team for the final submission.
- After the whole process, the scholarship will be dispersed by the Directorate of Minority Welfare.
Rewards under CH Mohammad Koya Scholarship
|Undergraduate Courses||Rs. 5,000/- per annum|
|Postgraduate Courses||Rs. 6,000/- per annum|
|Professional Courses||Rs. 7,000/- per annum|
|Hostel Stipend||Rs. 13,000/- per annum|
|Start date to apply||28th December 2023|
|Extended Last date to apply||31st January 2023|
|Last date to print the online application||20th January 2023|
Number of Scholarships Available
- Scholarships available for different courses are as follows:
|Category||Number of Scholarships|
Here are some eligibility conditions to apply under the scholarship programme:
- Girl students are eligible for the scholarship programme
- Applicant should belong to Muslim, Latin, Converted Christian community
- Applicants should be a resident of Kerala
- Annual Income of the family should not exceed more than Rs. 8 Lakh per annum
- Students should have scored 50% or above in the 12th examination
- Applicant must be a student of government aided institution or should have secured admission under government quota
- Aadhar card
- Residential Proof
- College Enrollment Receipt
- Bank account passbook
- Recent passport size photograph
- Copy of previous examination mark-sheet
- Income certificate
Process to Apply under CH Mohammed Koya Scholarship
Follow these steps to apply under the scholarship programme:
- Visit the Official Website of this Scholarship
- On homepage click on Scholarships
- On new page select the option CH Mohammed Koya Scholarship
- Now click on option Apply Now
- Registration form will displayed on the screen
- Enter all the details asked
- Upload all the required documents
- Click on Submit button
- Director, Directorate of Minority Welfare, 4th Floor, Vikas Bhavan, Thiruvananthapuram – 695033
- Telephone Number:
- Office: 0471-2302090
- Director: 0471-2300523
- Projects & Scholarships: 0471-2300524