The Vivekananda Overseas Education Scheme 2024 often referred to as the Bikash Bhavan Scholarship is a merit based program that awards scholarships to deserving and economically disadvantaged West Bengali students pursuing higher education at the postsecondary, undergraduate, and higher levels. The scholarship changed in 2016 and now offers a much higher number of seats along with improved prizes. In this post you get every information regarding this scheme such as objective, eligibility criteria, necessary documents, benefits and apply online.
Vivekananda Overseas Education Scheme 2024
Telangana Brahmin Samkshema Parishad (TBSP) has introduced the Vivekananda Overseas Education Scheme 2024 for students who are members of the Telangana Brahmin community. Vivekananda Overseas Study Scholarship applications are available online at the Meeseva website, which is connected from the TBSP website. Many Brahmin community students complete graduate and professional courses each year, but due to expensive tuition and other expenditures, they are unable to continue their studies overseas. TBSP introduced the scheme in an effort to combat the current financial crisis.
The group that launched this scheme wants to give Brahmin students who have the capacity but are unable to do so due to financial limitations the opportunity to pursue professional and other higher education courses from outside. Beneficiaries of the program will receive financial assistance to cover their educational costs.
Overview of Vivekananda Overseas Education Scheme 2024
|Name of the Scholarship
|Vivekananda Overseas Education Scheme 2024
|Telangana Brahmin Samkshema Parishad
|To Providing Scholarship
Finance Minister Distributed Scholarship
The finance minister T Harish Rao awarded scholarships to students under the Swami Vivekananda scholarship on 24 January 2023. He has emphasized that all Telangana residents, regardless of caste or religion, are eligible to get benefits from a number of government programs.
He also expressed his congratulations to the scheme beneficiaries. 121 recipients have received Rs 24.20 crore from the government under the Vivekananda Overseas Scholarship. Citizens will be able to apply for scholarships through the implementation of this program, enabling them to continue their study in spite of financial difficulties.
Benefits of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2024
Applicants will receive the following financial support:
- Up to 11 months: 10 lakh rupees
- To 23 months : Rs. 15 Lacs
- Two years and above, Rs. 20.00 Lacs
The eligibility criteria of this scholarship is given below:
- The applicant has to live in Telangana state.
- The applicant parents must both be from the Brahmin group.
- The applicant family’s yearly income should not exceed rupees five lakhs.
- The applicant must have been accepted into the best university’s master’s or doctorate program abroad for the current academic year.
- A degree in any of the following fields is required of applicants seeking admission to master’s programs: engineering, management, social science, agriculture science, medical and nursing, pure science and the humanities.
- A postgraduate degree in engineering, management, pure science, agriculture science, medicine, social science or the humanities is required of those seeking a PhD.
- Applicants who have previously benefited from the scheme are ineligible to apply again.
The required documents of this scholarship is given below:
- Passport Size Photograph
- Adhaar Card
- Marksheets from SSC onwards
- Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Bank Account Details
- I-20 Admission Letter from the university
- Residence Certificate
- Latest Income tax Assessment of the parents or applicant declared income under IT act
- TOEFL/IELTS/PTE or any other qualifying exam
Vivekananda Overseas Education Application Procedure
- You have go to the official website of the Vivekananda Overseas Education Scheme.
- On the home page go to the “Online application under Vivekananda Overseas Education Scheme is extended till 28-02-2022.” Link.
- New page will open on the screen from where you have to select “registration” option
- Enter the Aadhaar number and hit submit button to open the form
- Follow the screen and fill the application form very carefully
- Upload all the documents listed above in the prescribed format
- Review the application form very carefully and if you find no changes required to make in the form hit submit button