Previously there are so many fellowships programs launched by the government of India to provide access to candidates who have the desire to gain more knowledge in their fields, for such things now the government of India comes with another fellowship program and that is Swarnajayanti Fellowship 2023. This program is created for young scientists, who have completed their Ph.D. in Science/ Engineering or Medicine fields. So, f you are one of them and looking for more detailed information about this fellowship program then you have to go through this article till the end and get details such as eligibility criteria, benefits, features, application procedure, and much more.
Swarnajayanti Fellowship 2023
The Swarnajayanti fellowship program is a prestigious program initiated by the government of India in collaboration with the Department of Science and Technology and the Ministry of Science and Technology. This program is initiated to recognize and provide support to exceptional scientists and get access to a platform for talented researchers to pursue their exceptional research to make a significant contribution in their respective fields. Candidates who have pursued and hold Ph.D. in Medicine/ Engineering/ or in Medical fields can get benefits from the program. This exceptional program is named after Swarnajayanti which means golden jubilee .
which signifies the celebration of the 50th year of independence and this initiative reflects the commitment of the government to enhance scientific excellence and the robust research ecosystem in the country. This program aims to empower all these exceptional minds by providing them with important resources, funding, and various opportunities to pursue their scientific ambitions.
Key Highlights of Swarnajayanti Fellowship 2023
|Name of the Scheme||Swarnajayanti Fellowship 2023|
|Launched by||Government of India|
|Ministry||Ministry of Science and Technology|
|Department||Department of Science and Technology|
Objective of Swarnajayanti Fellowship
The main objective of this fellowship is to foster and support the advancements of young scientists from various disciplines, and it will also recognize researchers and provide them with a better platform to pursue their cutting-edge research and make a contribution to the country’s scientific and technological research. By offering financial aid, research grants, and institutional support, this program will also encourage innovations, and promote collaborations that empower the new generation, which will be beneficial for their future challenges.The government seeks to nurture scientific excellence, nurture a culture of research, and bolster India’s scientific landscape by investing in the development of promising young scientists and their transformative research endeavors.
Benefits of Swarnajayanti Fellowship
- Under this fellowship program, the authorities will offer financial support to young scientists, and enable them opportunities to focus on their research consciously without any financial constraints.
- Under this, the fellow will get a grant, which can be utilized for research-related expenses, which include, equipment, consumables, travel, and other essential requirements.
- It will also offer long-term research opportunities, by allowing them to embark on innovation and groundbreaking projects.
- This fellowship program will be for 5 years, during which candidates can gain sufficient time to get deep knowledge of research, conduct experiments, gather data, and much more.
- It will emphasize the importance of independence and flexibility in the research, which grant young scientists the autonomy to choose their research topic, design experiments, and explore new avenues of scientific inquiry.
- In this, candidates will also recognize the significance of global collaborations in advancing scientific knowledge, which encourages young scientists to make connections with international expert researchers, institutions, and laboratories.
- Under this, fellows will also get guidance and mentorship from leading experts in their respective fields, which will provide them with support and direction, and help young researchers also refine their research plans, overcome challenges and make significant progress.
- This fellowship program is only available for Indian natives.
- Those who have completed and hold degrees in Ph.D. in Science/ Engineering/ Medicine are eligible for this program.
- The age of the candidates should be between 30 to 40 is must.
- Those who have regular positions in any recognized Indian academic or research organizations are eligible.
- Candidates must not apply to any other government scheme.
- The project made by the candidate should have innovative research ideas is must.
- And the project must have the potential to make a good impact on R&D in the discipline.
Required Documents List
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Research Proposal
- Recommendation Letters
- Academic Certificates and Transcripts
- Research Publications
- Identity Proof
- Proof of Age
- No Objection Certificate (NOC)
- Endorsement Letter
- Financial Projections
Registration Procedure Under Swarnajayanti Fellowship 2023
- Candidates have to go to the official Website of the fellowship program.
- After reaching the homepage find the program link, and click on it.
- After tapping on it the details about the Swarnajayanti Fellowshipwill appear, now you can check the details and tap on Apply Now option.
- After tapping on that link, the registration page will appear, now complete the process and you will receive a username and password on your registered email id.
- Now you have to go back to the home page and tap on the Login option.
- After that, you have to enter your username and password in it and the last captcha (if necessary), and submit the details.
- After this the application form will appear, now complete the form will all the necessary details and attach the documents which they asked for.
- Last, verify the details and then submit the application form.