One of the major reason of a large number of students drop out of school or colleges is due to poverty or economic issues. Apart from poverty and economic issues, lack of awareness about educational scholarships, its accessibility and its application process are also some of the major factors for increase in dropout numbers in the state. According to the report of MHRD a large section of Odisha’s potential workforce is unemployable with 76.04% literacy rate. Junior Merit Scholarship Odisha 2023 envisioned to bridge the gap between the scholarship providers and scholarship seekers thus encouraging more students to get involved in the system. The portal validates the applications of the students online, based on Aadhar Authentication. Through this portal the scholarship monies can directly be disbursed to the bank accounts of the selected students.
Junior Merit Scholarship Odisha 2023
The Junior Merit Odisha scholarship is provided by the School and Mass Education Department to the students who have secured a minimum of 60% marks in the last appeared exam and whose total annual family income does not exceed INR 6 Lakh. Students must be pursuing in classes XI or XII courses and should belong to the General Category (UG), Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC), Socially and Economically Backward Classes or Communities (SEBC) and Economically Backward Classes (EBC). Students will get a reward of Rs. 3000/- per annum for 2 years under this scheme. The Odisha State Scholarship Portal is an integrated e-Governance Portal for automation, streamlining and effective management of scholarship schemes being implemented in the State of Odisha across various departments.
Highlights Of Junior Merit Scholarship Odisha 2023
|Name Of The Scheme||Junior Merit Scholarship Odisha 2023|
|Launched By||School and mass Education Department|
|No. Of Scholarships||10,000|
|Scholarship Amount||Rs. 3,000 yearly for 2 years|
|Minimum Marks||60% (In last exam)|
|Objective||To motivate and encourage students for higher studies and to provide financial assistance|
|Eligibility Criteria||Students of Classes XI and XII|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
Objective Of Junior Merit Scholarship Odisha
- To bridge the gap between scholarship providers and scholarship seekers thus encouraging more students to be a part of the scholarship programme.
- One of the main objective of the Junior Merit Scholarship Odisha is to motivate and encourage the students for higher studies by offering them financial assistance in the form of Scholarship Amount.
- There are many meritorious students who are extremely brilliant but due to financial issues they are unable to continue with their studies, so to financially support these tremendous students is another objective of this scholarship.
The scholarship amount under the Junior Merit Scholarship Odisha will be Rs. 3,000 per year. This scholarship amount will be provided to the students for 2 years till the end of the completion of course. This will be a helpful hand from the School and Mass Education Department to the meritorious students who are unable to continue their studies due to financial conditions.
- Following are the eligibility criteria for the Junior Merit Scholarship Odisha
- Applicant must be a permanent resident of Odisha State
- Must be pursuing in class XII
- Must have secured a minimum of 60% or more marks from an institution recognized by BSE Odisha, CBSE, ICSE or an equivalent board
- Must belong to General/SC/ST/OBC/SEBC/EBC category
- Annual family income should not exceed INR 6 Lakh
Following documents are required for the registration under the Junior Merit Scholarship Odisha:
- Aadhar Card/Identity Card of the student
- Passport size photograph of the student
- Domicile certificate to be issued by the competent authority that is from the concerned Tehsildar
- Proof on annual income to be issued by the competent authority that is the Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar
- Mark Sheets and Certificate of last qualifying examination that is HSC from an institution recognized by BSE Odisha, CBSE, ICSE Equivalent Boards
- Copy of Bank account passbook with the account number and IFSC code
As there is no updated information regarding online application form, as soon as we get any information regarding this we will update you soon.
Junior Merit Scholarship Odisha Application Procedure
- For online application procedure visit the Official Website
- Homepage will appear on your screen click on Registration which is available on the top of the page
- Read the statements carefully and accept it by clicking on the box and click on I AGREE and on another page again read the information carefully and tap on the box and then click on PROCEED
- Another page will appear on your screen where you have to enter your Aadhar Number and select VERIFY then enter the OTP you have received on your registered mobile number
- Then fill the further required details such as :
- Student Name
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Create Password
- Then finally click on REGISTER
- Login with your ID and password and look for Junior Merit Scholarship Scheme thenclick on this link
- Online Application form will appear on your screen, fill the required information asked
- Upload the important documents as listed above in JPG or PNG format or as asked
- Cross check all the filled details and Submit the form
Helpline Number (Toll Free):-