Jawaharlal Nehru University has made scholarships available. There are many different kinds of scholarship programs. The JNU Scholarship 2023, Maharashtra is a program of the Directorate of Higher Education, Government of Maharashtra and it aims to offer financial aid to students participating in both undergraduate and graduate courses. In the post we give every information regarding this scholarship including its eligibility criteria, objective, required documents, benefits and applying procedure.
JNU Scholarship 2023
The Jawaharlal Nehru University introduced the JNU Scholarship which consists of eight additional scholarship categories. Depending on the degree they are studying at the institution these scholarships provide students varying levels of financial assistance. The scholarship money is given out on a monthly basis. There are still many deserving students who wish to continue their studies at university but are unable to do so due to financial limitations, even though the cost of JNU is so cheap that it is accessible to an average household. The university started giving out several scholarships to its students in the form of reduced tuition, residences and other perks in order to calm their worries.
The JNU Scholarship is now available online allowing students pursuing degrees or other courses at the university to apply for the money that is being provided to them in the form of financial aid and assistance. For students to apply for based on their preferences and needs, there will be 8 different types of scholarships available.
Overview of JNU Scholarship 2023
|Scholarship Name||JNU Scholarship 2023|
|Launched By||Jawaharlal Nehru University|
|Objective||Providing Scholarship to the Students|
Objective of JNU Scholarship
The main objective of this scholarship is to provide social security benefits and financial aid to students who wish to continue their education at the university but are unable to do so because of lack of money. According to their achievements in subjects of excellence the government will start giving these students scholarships.
Benefits of JNU Scholarship
- With the aid of the scholarship money provided by the Jawaharlal Nehru University Scholarship students would be able to register in JNU.
- The students will get scholarships each month.
- The total amount of the scholarship will be available to the students for the predetermined length of time.
- The decision will be made initially for those who have achieved academic success or records.
- The family’s total yearly income must be at least Rs.2,50,000.
- The sum of the scholarship provided to the student will pay for the student’s principal allowances including their maintenance money, travel grants and emergency allowance.
Merit Cum Means Scholarships:
The applicant must be a permanent resident of India, registered in post-matric classes, have a strong academic record and earn at least Rs. 2,50,000 lakhs annually.
Ford Foundation Scholarship:
Scholarships will be given to students pursuing an MA at the School of International Studies. A small number of Ford Foundation Scholarships of Rs.700 per month are offered to students participating in the M.A program at the School of International Studies. At least half of the scholarships must go to female students and they shall be awarded purely on the basis of merit.
Prof.Ramesha Rao Scholarship and Travel Grant:
The student must be pursuing an M.Phil or PhD in cancer biology and have earned an A in that discipline. An M.Phil or PHD student will get the prize for ten months at a monthly cost of Rs.3,000 per year as well as a Rs.30,000 travel grant in exchange for presenting a paper at an international conference, seminar or other event related to cancer biology.
Two students from various Centers of the School of Social Sciences will receive this award which is worth Rs.400 per month in a recurring manner.
Prof. Nurul Hasan Scholarship:
Two scholarships of Rs. 1500 per month will be given in honor of Prof. Hasan’s lifetime work to further education and other ideals and principles. The first or second year of a student’s M.A, M.Sc or MCA course is required.
Jawahar Bhawan Trust Scholarship:
Ten students will each get a scholarship of Rs.1000 per month for a period of one year and two semesters which may be extended for further semesters provided the student maintains a cumulative grade point average of 5.5 at the end of the third semester of MA/M.Sc or the fifth semester of MCA.
Prof.MJK Thavaraj MCM Scholarship:
The School of Social Sciences offers two scholarships to first year M.A (Economics) students each at Rs.300 per month plus Rs.2000 as an extra expense.
Prof.Gouri Shankar Singhal Merit Scholarship:
Two M.A. Sanskrit Studies students are present each year for a two year duration. These scholarships were awarded based on the first semester performance of the student.
Eligibility Criteria of JNU Scholarship 2023
- The applicant must be registered in a JNU course at the time of application.
- The student’s household income must be less than Rs. 2,5000.
- Any course must be taken in order to be eligible for the scholarship.
Required Documents of JNU Scholarship 2023
- Registration Number
- Latest Income Tax Return of the Father
- Latest Income Tax Return of the Mother
- JNU Students ID Card
- Income Certificate of the Father
- Income Certificate of the Mother
Application Procedure of Merit Cum Means Scholarships
- First you have to click on the Jawaharlal Nehru University link for merit cum means scholarship.
- The application form will download on your device.
- Fill all the required details in the application form such as:
- Name of the school/centre
- Name of student (In block letters)
- Category (SC/ST/PG/VH/Gen)
- Father Name and Address
- Mother Name and Address
- State Domicile
- Name of Hostel/Address (With Room No.)
- Initial Year of Admission to B.A/M.A
- Date of First Award of MCM
- Presently Studying in class etc.
- To apply for the scholarship, submit the application to your faculty in-charge, guide or supervisor through email.
Application Procedure for Scholarship Claim Form
- First you have to visit the Official Website of the JNU Scholarship 2023.
- The homepage will appear on your screen.
- Click on the Form Link.
- The new page will appear on your screen.
- Click on the Scholarship Claim form option.
- The form will be downloaded on your device.
- Fill all the details in the form such as:
- School Name
- Voucher No
- Registration No
- JNU Cyber ID
- Contact No
- Name of SCholar
- Bank Details,etc
- You have to submit it through email to your faculty in-charge, guide or supervisor.