Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2023 is conducted by the University Grant Commission (UGC) of India. This scholarship is awarded to female students only. The scholarship is especially for The Only Daughter in the family who wants to pursue higher education. The scholarship provides financial assistance worth INR 36,200/- per year to a single girl child in a family pursuing post graduation courses. The award is disbursed to students through the UGC designated agency from the date of their joining the 1st year of PG course. The Union Government of India has taken various steps to uplift the status of women by implementing various schemes including free education for girls. Students who wish to apply for this UGC Indira Gandhi Post Graduate Scholarships can check details and apply online through the National Scholarship Portal.
Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2023
The Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship for Post Graduate programme is introduced by the University Grant Commission (UGC). Its primary aim is to provide quality education to single girl child of each family. The government initiated this scholarship for girls who were pursuing higher education, especially those girls who were the only single girl child of their parents.
Highlights Of Indira Gandhi Scholarship
|Name||Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2023|
|Conducted By||University Grant Commission (UGC)|
|Eligibility||Single girl child from a family pursuing full-time PG course|
|Rewards||INR 36,200/- per year and will be awarded for 2 years|
|Last Date of Application||will be updated|
Objective Of Indira Gandhi Scholarship
- University Grant Commission introduces the Single Girl Child Scholarship to empower our country’s girls through education.
- The Indira Gandhi Scholarship for post graduate girls students will encourage them to continue their Higher Education and support them financially, especially those girls who happen to be the only child of their parents.
- This scholarship provides monetary support on a monthly basis for the duration of two years to around 3,000 girls from across the country every year and the scholarship amount is directly transferred into the awardees bank account.
- The selected students will receive a scholarship amount of INR 36,200/- per year and will be provided for 2 years, that is the complete duration of the course.
Benefits of Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2023
- With the implementation of this program, those girls who are unable to pay for their for their educational fee will be able to pay it without being burdened on anyone anymore.
- Under this scholarship program, all the selected candidates will receive 35,000 rupees per year.
- This scholarship program is launched by the authorities of the University Grant Commission (UGC) for underprivileged girls.
- Here are some of the points to remember to be eligible for this Scholarship:
- Applicant must be citizen of India
- Applicant must be the Only Single Girl Child to their parents
- However the fraternal twins are eligible for this scholarship program
- Age should not exceed 30 years
- Applicants should be pursuing a full-time post graduate course at recognized institution
- The following documents are required to apply under this scholarship:
- Copy of Aadhar Card
- PG course admission receipt
- The fee structure of the programme
- Mark sheet of the last exam passed
- Passport size photograph and signature of the applicant
- Income certificate issued by the Competent Authority
- Single Girl child certificate issued by the Competent Authority
- Scanned copy of the bank passbook
- Residential/Domicile Certificate
Application Procedure for Indira Gandhi Scholarship
- Follow these steps to apply for this Scholarship program:
- Go to the Official Website of the National Scholarship Portal (NSP Portal)
- On homepage, under the box Applicant Corner click on Login
- A drop down menu will appear and then click on the option New Registration
- You will directed to a new page, then click on “Click here for Scholarship Schemes hosted on NSP for AY 2022-2023”
- Read the instructions carefully and tick on the declaration box
- Then click on Continue button
- Registration form will appear on your screen
- Fill the asked details such as:
- State of Domicile
- Scholarship Category
- Name of student
- Scheme Type
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Bank IFSC Code
- Confirm Bank IFSC Code
- Bank A/C number
- Confirm Bank A/C number
- Identification Detail
- Captcha Code
- Finally click on Register button