The Odisha government has established several scholarships for the benefit of both youngsters. Additionally, the Odisha government has introduced the Banishree Scholarship 2024 which is intended for children with exceptional needs. Through this scholarship, the government will provide financial aid as well as incentives for students to study. The scholarship recipient’s bank accounts will receive a direct transfer of funds, which they may use for a variety of reasons. There will be financial support for the students to finish their study in India. In this post you get every information regarding this scholarship such as eligibility criteria, benefits, objective, required documents and applying procedure.
Banishree Scholarship 2024
The Odisha government introduced the Banishree Scholarship Scheme on 1 April 2008 with the goal of advancing or improving education for students with disabilities who have specific requirements. Children will get financial incentives to pursue an education under the Banishree Scholarship Scheme. The primary goal of the Odisha government’s scholarship program is to motivate students to pursue higher education in order to satisfy their own needs and aspirations. Only inhabitants of Odisha are eligible for this initiative, and only they will be able to benefit from it.
Through the DBT system, the financial aid will be instantly deposited into the beneficiarie’s bank accounts. Before the deadline, all qualified institutions will upload the student information to the official website. With the assistance of school officials, students may now complete the scholarship application. Completing the scholarship application requires a lot of information. Based on their qualifying requirements, the students can complete the application form that has to be posted on the official portal.
Overview of Banishree Scholarship 2024
|Banishree Scholarship 2024
|BANISHREE- A Scheme of scholarship for students with special Needs by Odisha
|To Provide Scholarship
Objective of Banishree Scholarship 2024
The main objective of the scholarship is to motivate children with special needs to go to school. Students can continue their studies without concern about money due to financial help and particular allowances provided by this scholarship. Under the scholarship , financially independent students with disabilities will be able to sustain themselves. Through this scholarship, students will get monthly payments ranging from Rs 100 to Rs 250, which would encourage them to pursue further studies.
Benefits of Banishree Scholarship 2024
The list of the benefits of this scholarship is given below:
- Monthly cost of primary school (Class I–V): Rs. 200
- Monthly cost for Middle and High School (Class V to X): Rs. 250
- Monthly tuition for college (+2 and +3) is Rs. 300.
- PG level college: Rs. 350 monthly
- Monthly cost for Technical and Vocational Training: Rs. 350
- Outside of the state, technical and vocational courses cost Rs. 350 per month.
The list of the eligibility criteria of this scholarship is given below:
- The applicant must be an Odisha resident.
- The applicant’s family’s or parents annual income does not exceed Rs. 60,000.
- He or she should to attend an educational institution as a normal student.
- The applicant should not be receiving any grants, stipends or scholarships from the central government or state governments under any other program.
The list of the required documents of this scholarship is given below:
- Aadhar Card
- Disability Certificate
- Last Examination Mark Sheet
- Income Certificate
- Bank Account
- BPL Ration Card
- Domicile Certificate
- Residence Certificate
Application Procedure of Banishree Scholarship 2024
- You must first contact the sub collector, block development officer head of school, college or other educational institution in order to submit an offline application for the scholarship.
- Now obtain the scholarship application from the relevant department.
- Fill out the application form with all the necessary information, including your name, address and other personal details.
- Enclose the necessary documents with the application.
- Before submitting it, please review the details.
- Now send the completed application to the relevant department from whence you obtained it, together with any required supporting documentation.
- You may thus effectively apply for the scholarship program in this manner.
- First you have to visit the Official Website of the scholarship.
- The homepage will appear on your screen.
- Click on the Banishree Scholarship option.
- A new page will appear on your screen.
- Click on the New Application option.
- The application form will appear on your screen.
- Enter all the details in the form such as Name, Gender, Year, Date of Birth, Aadhaar Number, etc.
- You have to upload all the necessary documents
- Click on the submit button.
The Odisha government’s scholarship is to encourage students to seek higher education so they may fulfill their own goals and needs. This is a program just available to Odisha residents, and only they will be able to take advantage of it.