Previously various job and internship opportunities have been initiated by international organizations to provide the best candidates to come and showcase their skills, and take part in various projects and research fields, and now here is another initiative and that is a scholarship program called Abel Visiting Scholarship 2023 that is initiated by International Mathematical Union, Germany. Under this, candidates who are mathematicians from developing countries can participate and get financial aid for their living expenses, accommodation, etc in Norway. Interested candidates who are willing to get enrolled in this scholarship program are advised to check the details regarding this program like benefits, eligibility, selection process, and much more.
Abel Visiting Scholarship 2023
The International Mathematical Union, Germany has launched a scholarship scheme for all the candidates who are mathematicians and have genius minds, so this is an opportunity for them to do their research in Norway. Under this scholarship program, the authorities will provide financial support to those mathematicians who live in any developing country and have completed their Ph.D. degree, so for this, the authorities will provide financial support to all the selected candidates and pay for their living expenses in Norway and pay for their research and accommodations. This is a great opportunity for them so that they can easily continue their research in their specific fields without taking stress about any financial constraints. This initiative will cover all the expenses so that they can focus on their studies without being distracted by any causes.
To get this scholarship, students have to make registration through online mode and pay the specific fee that is required. The deadline and other details have already been mentioned in this blog kindly read this article consciously till the end.
Key Highlights of Abel Visiting Scholarship
|Name Of The Scholarship||Abel Visiting Scholarship 2023|
|Launched By||International Mathematical Union, Germany|
|Delegated Ministry||Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology|
|Applicable To||Citizens of Developing Countries|
|Eligible Degree||Ph.D. Degree|
|Mode Of Transfer||DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)|
|Payment Mechanism||e-payment mechanism|
|Form of Benefit||Scholarship amount|
|Scholarship Transferral||2 Installments|
|Amount of benefit||Variable Assistance|
|Hosting Site||National Information Center (NIC)|
|Last Date To Apply Online||Varies|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
|Office Address||International Mathematical Union Secretariat|
10117 Berlin, Germany
|Phone Number||+49 30 2037 2430|
Objective of Abel Visiting Scholarship
The main objective of this scholarship program is to facilitate research collaborations by providing candidates with the opportunities to get into prestigious institutions worldwide and foster international academic exchange and also to promote the advancement of mathematical sciences. This program will support exceptional mathematicians in pursuing collaborations in research projects and enhance their expertise, and create beneficial lasting connections with other global mathematical communities.
Timelines of Abel Visiting Scholarship
Visit period for Fall 2023
- September 1, 2023 – December 31, 2023
- Timeline: Fall 2023
Visit period for Spring 2024
- January 1, 2024 – April 30, 2024
- Timeline: Spring 2024
Visit period for Summer 2024
- May 1, 2024 – August 31, 2024
- Timeline: Summer 2024
Benefits of Abel Visiting Scholarship 2023
- With the implementation of this opportunity, they will develop and enhance their mathematical aspects and will be able to carry out research in the Maths field.
- This scholarship program will be available only for 1 month, and those students who have enrolled under this will get a chance to stay in Norway.
- The implementation of this will enhance learning and contributes to the growth of the global mathematical community.
- Through this initiative, the gap between mathematicians in different regions will decrease, and able to make a global network of scholars who work together.
- Candidates who are willing to apply should belong to any developing country and should be a mathematician.
- The age of the scholar should be 35 years is must.
- Those candidates who hold a position in a university or any research institute are eligible.
Required Documents List
- CV or Resume
- Recent publications
- Research statement for the visit
- Official invitation
- Letter of recommendation
- Ph.D. certificate
- Statement about current employment status
- Budget estimation
- Latest Passport Size Photograph
- Proof of matching funds from the host institution
Registration Procedure Under Abel Visiting Scholarship 2023
- Candidates are required to visit the Official Website of the scholarship.
- After this process, you have to click on the Registration option and continue.
- After that, complete the registration process, and then you will receive a user id and password on your registered mobile number or email.
- Now go back to the webpage and tap on the Login option and enter your details on it and then submit them.
- After this process, the application form will appear on your screen.
- Now fill the form with accurate details and attach the documents with it.
- Now verify the details and then submit the application form.
International Mathematical Union Secretariat
10117 Berlin, Germany
Phone No:- +49 30 2037 2430
Email ID:- firstname.lastname@example.org