Find out all about the Prize Money Scholarship 2023 for SC/ST students in Karnataka, including eligibility criteria and application process. Scholarships are a vital part of any student’s education. They provide an opportunity for students from all backgrounds to achieve their dreams and get the education they deserve. The state of Karnataka has a number of scholarships designed to help SC/ST students get ahead. These scholarships come with a prize money, which can help students pay for their education and unlock new opportunities.
Prize Money Scholarship 2023
The Prize Money scholarship is a scheme of the Government of Karnataka to award scholarships to meritorious and needy students pursuing post-matriculation studies in recognized institutions within the Karnataka.
Under the Prize Money scholarship, scholarships are awarded on the basis of merit, with preference given to students belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Differently abled categories. The scholarship amount varies from INR 20,000 to INR 35,000, depending on the course of study and category of student.
The need for such a scheme arises from the fact that despite significant economic growth over the past few years, there continues to be a large section of society which is unable to access quality education due to financial constraints. This often leads to talented students being forced to drop out of school or college due to lack of funds.
The Prize Money scholarship is one way in which the government is attempting to address this issue and ensure that financial considerations do not become a barrier to education for any student in Karnataka.
Details Of Prize Money Scholarship
|Launched by||Social Welfare Department of Karnataka|
|Eligibility||Students from 2nd puc to Post Graduate|
|Beneficiary||SC/ST Students from Karnataka|
|Rewards||Upto INR 35,000|
Objectives of Prize Money Scholarship
Now that we’ve discussed what Prize Money scholarship for SC/ST students in Karnataka offer, let’s take a look at the objectives of these scholarships.
First and foremost, these scholarships are aimed at providing financial assistance to students belonging to economically weaker sections. The aim is to encourage and support more and more meritorious students from such backgrounds so that they can take admission into courses of their choice without feeling any monetary constraints. Additionally, these scholarships are designed to foster equality and create equal opportunities for everyone by helping bridge the gap between people from underprivileged backgrounds and those who might not be so disadvantaged financially.
Prize Money Scholarship 2023 Last Date
|Start of Application||2023|
|Last Date||30 July 2023|
|Result Announced||Released Soon|
|Renewal Form||Announced Soon|
|Students Renewal List||Coming Soon|
|Scholarship Award Distribution||Updated Soon|
Prize Money Scholarship Amount 2023-24
|Name of Course||Scholarship Amount|
|II PUC & 3 Years Polytechnic Diploma Course||Rs. 20000.00|
|Degree Courses||Rs. 25000.00|
|Any Post-Graduate courses like M.A., M.Sc., etc.||Rs. 30000.00|
|Agriculture, Engineering, Veterinary, Medicine||Rs. 35000.00|
- Application apply online date will be updated soon
- Application last date will be updated soon
- The Prize Money scholarship is a government initiative in Karnataka that offers financial assistance to students who have completed their schooling and wish to pursue higher education.
- To be eligible for the Prize Money scholarship, students must:
- Be permanent residents of Karnataka India.
- Have passed their 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board
- Be enrolled in a full time regular course at a college or university approved by the competent authority
- Not be receiving any other financial assistance from any other source
- Meet the minimum attendance requirement specified by the respective institute
How Can SC/ST Students Apply for Prize Money scholarship
The Prize Money scholarship is implemented through State Governments/Union Territory Administrations. The expenditure on this account is shared between the Centre and the States/UTs in the ratio 75:25.
Eligibility Criteria For Post Matric Prize Money Scholarship.
- The candidates should be Karnataka domiciles.
- They should belong to the SC/ST category.
- They should have cleared the previous qualifying examination on the first attempt.
- The candidates should be pursuing one of the following courses in a government recognised institution:
- II PUC
- Polytechnic Diploma (three-year course)
- Bachelor’s degree (general)
- Master’s degree
- Professional courses like engineering, medicine, veterinary, agriculture
- Aadhar card
- Caste certificate
- Proof of residence
- Mark sheets
- Bank details with IFSC code
- A passport size photo(less than 100KB
|PRIZE MONEY (In Rs.) Course Prize Money |
II PUC, 3 Years Polytechnic Diploma 20000.00
post graduate course like m.a.,m.sc.etc. 30,000
Application Process for Prize Money Scholarship
Eligible students can apply online through the Official Website of The Social Welfare Department of Karnataka. Today we are going to show you all the process in a simple way.
- To Registration you have to go to he official website of the Social Welfare Department of Karnataka
- Click on the Online Application link given in the right side of the screen
- Registration Page will open on your screen
- Now fill your Adhar Number,Name(as per your Adhar) and Solve the simple Maths Equation.
- Click on the Declaration and press on the Proceed button.
- New Page will open on your screen
- Now select your Board
- Enter SSLC Passed Year and SSLC Registration Number
- Select your Cast and Press on Submit Button.
- Your Application is Registered.Now you can Access your Application
To Reprint/Download the Application you have to go to the official website of the Social Welfare Department of Karnataka.
- Now click on Reprint Application link given on the right side of the page.
- Re-download Acknowledgement Page will open
- Select Your Completion Year.
- Enter the Registration Number and Date of Birth
- Now click on Download Button and Print the Application.
- To Edit the Application you have to go to the official website of the Social Welfare Department of Karnataka.
- Now click on the Edit Application link given on the right side of the page
- Login for Edit Application Page will appear on your screen.
- Select Cousre Completion Year
- Now Enter Registration Number and Date of Birth
- Select College type and Press on Go Button.
- Now you can change whatever you want to change in your Aplication.
- For Application Status you have to go to the official website of the Social Welfare Department of Karnataka.
- Now click on the Application Status link given on the right side of the page
- Application Status page will appear on your screen
- There will be two option ,Application Number and College Wise. Choose according to your interest.
- First we are clicking on Application Wise.
- In Application Wise you have to Enter Applicant No and click on view.
- Your Application Status will show on your screen.
- Now we are clicking on College Wise
- Now you have to Select Your Completion Year and District.
- Now select Taluka and Then College.
- And Click on View Button.
Benefits of Prize Money Scholarship
- The Prize Money scholarship Scheme is one of the most popular scholarship scheme. It is implemented by the Central and State Governments to provide financial assistance to meritorious and needy students belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe pursuing post matriculation or higher studies. The scheme covers all courses like medical, engineering, business administration, etc.
- The objective of Prize Money scholarship is to ensure that bright and deserving students from these sections of society are able to pursue their dreams without worrying about the financial burden.
- There are many benefits of availing this Prize Money scholarship scheme.
- It helps in promoting educational equity by providing financial assistance to students who belong to marginalized sections of society.
- It helps in reducing the drop-out rate among SC/ST students as they can now afford to continue their studies without any financial worries.
- It also motivates students to perform better as they know that there is a economic safety net provided by the government in case they face any difficulties during their academic journey.
- The scheme also leads to social inclusion as it breaks down barriers based on caste and class which ultimately
- Additional Benefits and Incentives Provided by Central and State Governments for SC/ST Students:
- SC/ST students in Karnataka are provided with a number of additional benefits and incentives by both the Central and State Governments. Some of these benefits include:
- Scholarships: SC/ST students are eligible for a number of scholarships, including the Post Matric Scholarship Scheme, which provides financial assistance for post-secondary education.
- Fee Concessions: SC/ST students are often eligible for fee concessions when studying at government colleges and universities.
- Job Reservations: A certain percentage of government jobs are reserved for SC/ST candidates. This ensures that these communities have better representation in the workforce.
Reviewing Process For The Post Matric Prize Money Scheme:
- The Prize Money scholarship Scheme was introduced by the Department of Social Justice and Empowerment with an aim to provide financial assistance to students belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe so as to enable them to pursue post matriculation or higher education.
- It is pertinent to mention here that the scheme does not cover hostel expenses, examination fees, purchase of books etc. Additionally, renewal of scholarship is subject to satisfactory progress in academics as well as attendance in the institute.
- In order to apply for Prize Money scholarship, students need to submit their duly filled application form along with all required documents at their nearest Social Welfare Office. A verification process will be carried out by concerned authorities after which eligible candidates will be selected for the award of scholarship.
|Address||Social welfare department, Commissionerate of Social Welfare Departmet, 5th Floor, MS Building, Dr. Ambedkar Veedhi, Bengaluru- 560001|